DIE CASTING SIMULATION
In this area the longitudinal expansion result in major displacement at the pour end which normally can be prevented by fixing the end but in 3-piece sleeves this expansion is much more than 2 piece sleeve
In the contact face between pour insert and die insert a gap might form.
Despite of other challenges, the 3-piece shot sleeve performs better in terms of minimizing the banana effect.
TEMPERATURES & BISCUIT FORMATION
QR CONTAINER STRESS AND DEFORMATION
- Deflections are magnifield by 30 times more than true values.
- QR results in less stress on the liner ID and then less liner deformation.
- In QR container liner ID expands about 0.1 mm less than the container with elements further away from liner. This value can be even higher in reality because the material model is assumed to be fully elastic.
TOOL DEFLECTION AND LONGITUDINAL WELDS
Boundary and Simulation conditions
- The red area is assumed as rigid support.
- Die material (H13) is considered fully elastic.
Several services are available through Castool Lab including but not limited to:
- Extrusion process simulation : simulation of temperatures, stresses and deflections in workpiece and tooling (container, dummy block and die) during the extrusion process.
- Die cast process simulation: thermal and mechanical simulation as well as fluid flow and solidification during casting.
- Extrusion die simulation: with capabilities for flow simulation through the die, nose trip formation, charge weld and seam weld tracking, billet skin tracking and die deflection.
- Microstructure analysis: metallography techniques are used to look at the microstructure of received raw material, heat treated material or used material.
- Chemical composition: Optical Emission Spectroscopy is used to determine the chemical composition of different alloys.
- Numerical and Analytical Process Simulation: to help with design optimization, product development, problem sloving, research, publication, and educating the industry about the process.
- Material Characterization: verify/certify received materials, study the failures, research and development on material selection/processing.
With Visual Optimization System, Castool again sets a new standard of excellence in the extrusion industry.
Results may vary depending on individual press characteristics and setup.