DIE CASTING SIMULATION
In this area the longitudinal expansion result in major displacement at the pour end which normally can be prevented by fixing the end but in 3-piece sleeves this expansion is much more than 2 piece sleeve
In the contact face between pour insert and die insert a gap might form.
Despite of other challenges, the 3-piece shot sleeve performs better in terms of minimizing the banana effect.
TEMPERATURES & BISCUIT FORMATION
QR CONTAINER STRESS AND DEFORMATION
- Deflections are magnifield by 30 times more than true values.
- QR results in less stress on the liner ID and then less liner deformation.
- In QR container liner ID expands about 0.1 mm less than the container with elements further away from liner. This value can be even higher in reality because the material model is assumed to be fully elastic.
TOOL DEFLECTION AND LONGITUDINAL WELDS
Boundary and Simulation conditions
- The red area is assumed as rigid support.
- Die material (H13) is considered fully elastic.