Lubrication should only be applied where it is needed. Every effort should be made to eliminate the possibility of non-metallic substance getting into the casting.
- For small shot sleeves, the bolt-on Allper Lube-Drop (ALD) or a slot and lubrication channel can be machined into the shot sleeve that delivers lube on top of the plunger ring.
- For medium shot sleeves, the bolt-on Allper Combi-Lube (ACL) system delivers a precisely measured amount of lubricant directly on top of the plunger or plunger ring and on shot sleeve bore under the pour spout.
- For long shot sleeves, Castool Rod Lube (CRL) systems delivers a small amount of lube on the die-end bore of the shot sleeve prior to plunger return; in addition to ALD or ACL
For medium size shot sleeves, the ALD (Allper Lube-Drop) system delivers the lubricant directly on top of the plunger or ring to greatly reduce friction between the sleeve and plunger.
For larger and longer sleeves, it is difficult to adequately lubricate the complete interior of the shot sleeve. This can be accomplished with an ACL (Allper Combi-Lube) system. A lubricant is delivered directly on top of the plunger and sprayed onto the bore and pour hole area.
CASTOOL ROD LUBE
Lubricant should be applied only where this needed. Any excess lubricant is an unnecessary cost, and a workplace pollutant. Lubrication should therefore be kept to an absolute minimum. Every effort must be made to eliminate the possibility of any non-metallic substance getting into the mold.
A carefully measured amount of lubricant is applied between the ring, sleeve and impact zone right under the pour hole. This ensures complete coverage without costly overspray. A controlled dosage injection pump provides the precise amount of lubricant required for each process cycle. This controlled dosage prevents the danger of contaminating the casting with excessive lubricant.
CASTOOL ROD LUBE
Castool’s plunger rod lubrication system with splash guard offers safety and increased longevity of all tooling components for long shot sleeves. A small measured amount of lubricant is applied only on the die end bore of the shot sleeve prior to plunger return.
CLS – 200 : PLUNGER LUBRICANT
Vegetable ester based lubricant that is biodegradable. It is blue in colour, remains as a solution and has a high flashpoint. It is also low smoke, and very well priced.
Type: CLS-200 Vegetable ester based
Part No: CLS-200 Lubricant
Packaging: 19 L pail, 208 L drum or 1,250 L tote
Usage: Plunger tip lubricant formulated for lubrication of all types of plunger tips: beryllium copper, bronze, steel and all diameters.
CASTOOL LUBRICATION SYSTEMS
All lubricants used in combination with our dispensing units
ALD (Allper Lube-Drop),
ACL (Aller Combi-Lube)
and CRL (Castool Rod Lube) bring the following advantages:
- minimum volume of lubricant used (the right amount at the right place)
- no lubricant loss
- clean environment DCM
- lifetime improvement of the shot sleeves and plunger tips