ALU-JECT is diluted by adding water to the lubricant
Typical dilution ratio is 1:3/ (ALU-JECT:WATER) and is recommended for initial evaluations. Actual dilutions will vary according to the application technique.
ALU-JECT should be sprayed to achieve the best results. Spray application provides a uniform film thickness, which allows lower friction values, however the product can be successfully swab applied.
LIQUID BILLET LUBRICATION SYSTEM
Castool has developed a unique process of application for a liquid soluble lubricant to a preheated extrusion billet or tool. The obstacle to their use is the Leidenfrost affect, which makes it difficult to coat a surface hotter than 1112 0F (600 0C) with a water based product. This application process enables improved coverage and reduces overspray and cost.
ALU-JECT STICK : A cream colored, sodium-based soap, supplied in the form of solid soap bars. No graphite, excellent lubricity, good adherence.
“ALU-JECT Stick should be stored in a cool dry place. Please refer to the “Safety Data Sheet” for proper handling and first aid instructions.”
- Aluminum Extrusion lubrication of dummy block, billet face, container seal face, billet and butt shears etc.
- Lubricating Steel Wires following surface grinding (after welding).
- The product can be used to lubricate most steel surfaces.
A hand held refractometer with Brix scale to measure water based soluble fluids concentration. Calibrate with distilled water or water used to dilute product. Reference temperature : 20 °C (68 °F)
- ALU-JECT is a non-pigmented, water based lubricant designed for billet end coating. It is formulated using organometallic compounds which apply a boundary film to prevent welding of the billet to the dummy block, providing excellent release characteristics.
- ALU-JECT is capable of wetting temperatures as high as 1112 0F (600 0C).
ALU-JECT should be stored in a cool dry place. The product can withstand freezing, however it should not be allowed to have more than one freeze/thaw cycle. Partially used containers should be re-sealed to prevent evaporation and contamination.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Does not contain graphite or boron nitride
- Highly economical
- Easy to mix and dilute
- Easily applied by automatic or manual spray equipment
- Stable solution – no settling or splitting
- Safe to use
- Minimal smoke
- Does not contain graphite or Boron Nitride
- Good flow characteristics
ALU-JECT PB TABLETS
- Minimal packaging
- Less inventory/less space
- Ensure good dilution ratio
- High lubricating/parting properties
- Safe to use
- Less carbon dioxide
- No waste
- Low energy consumption in initial manufacturing
ALU-JECT can be used to reduce costs and significantly improve productivity
Results may vary depending on individual press characteristics and setup.
CONTACT CASTOOL TODAY